(1) STAFF ATTORNEY – INDIANA LEGAL SERVICES, INC. (MERRILLVILLE OFFICE)
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: Indiana Legal Services, Inc. (ILS) is a statewide, nonprofit organization that provides free legal services to eligible clients in civil cases through 8 branch offices. ILS is funded by the Legal Services Corporation, Indiana Civil Legal Aid Fund, United Ways, Area Agencies on Aging, and approximately 60 other funding sources.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER: ILS is committed to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any category protected by law. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, and other applicants of color, people with disabilities and other people historically underrepresented in the practice of law to apply.
LOCATION: This position is located in the Merrillville office of Indiana Legal Services. ILS is a hybrid work environment that allows remote work.
JOB SUMMARY: This is a full-time attorney position. The attorney will provide legal assistance and representation in evictions, housing, family, consumer, public benefits, and other civil legal case types and perform other duties as needed. The attorney will work under the supervision of the Managing Attorney.
COMPENSATION: Starting salary is $57,425, with a range up to a maximum of $75,535, depending on relevant experience. ILS offers an excellent fringe benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, Rx), disability insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, a flex benefit plan and generous vacation and sick leave. ILS will pay up to $2,500 in moving expenses if the successful applicant needs to move from another city to assume this position. POSITION START DATE: As soon as possible. TO APPLY: Apply online or via email by submitting a letter explaining your interest and experience, your resume, and a list of at least 3 professional references with email addresses and telephone numbers. Applications or questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY
Do you want to focus your efforts on being an attorney without the stress and uncertainty of running your own office? The Law Office of Joseph M. Roberts LLC is seeking a criminal defense attorney to join its Chesterton office. The attorney would handle matters in Lake, Porter, and LaPorte Counties. All levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Salary and benefits are negotiable and will be customized to the candidate. If you are interesting in discussing this position further, please contact Attorney Roberts at 219-779-9187 or email@example.com.
(3) LITIGATION ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY Busy law firm looking for an Associate Attorney in our Civil Litigation practice with 1-3 years’ experience. Indiana license required. Experience in all phases of litigation including deposition, mediation, trial preparation and trial. Candidates should possess excellent writing skills, strong work ethic and be self-motivated. Please submit cover letter, resume, writing sample, law school transcript and at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org Ref # 62623MT.
(4) LITIGATION ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY Harris Welsh & Lukmann is seeking to hire a litigation associate. Located in historic downtown Chesterton, Indiana for over 50 years, Harris Welsh & Lukmann offers its clients a wide array of civil law services. The firm is looking for an associate attorney, with the expectation that over half of the practice would be devoted to civil litigation, for both plaintiffs and defendants. Associates should expect to work on all matters assigned by other attorneys. Potential candidates should have 3-4 years of civil litigation experience, with strong legal writing skills, excellent interpersonal skills, responsiveness to clients, and meeting deadlines is a must. Starting salary is negotiable and will be based on credentials, experience, as well as output and production. The firm offers a profit-sharing plan, with participation beginning to vest after 1 year of employment. Candidates should view this as a member-track position, with the rate of advancement depending on ability, production, and business development. Send a cover letter and resume to Connor Nolan at email@example.com.
Westland & Bennett P.C. seeks an attorney with any level of experience to join our growing municipal, personal injury, and criminal practice. We are looking for a candidate with an outstanding work ethic and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Westland & Bennett P.C. offers a competitive salary and benefits including health insurance and a Simple IRA with employer match.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Nicole Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(6) LITIGATION ATTORNEY
Established insurance defense firm has openings for experienced Attorneys for our growing Northwest Indiana Practice: Litigation Attorney. We seek candidates with 3-7 years of litigation experience. The ideal candidate will have had responsibility for all aspects of file handling, including initial analysis, negotiations and ultimately litigating a file including the taking of party and expert depositions. Dual Indiana/Illinois license is a plus. Salary commensurate with experience. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment is essential. We offer an excellent benefits package including but not limited to health and dental insurance, 401(k), profit sharing and paid vacation. Preferred location is Northwest Indiana/Chicago. We are offering a semi-remote position. Dual Bar is a plus. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume, writing sample and salary requirements to email@example.com.
(7) DEPUTY PROSECUTING ATTORNEY
The Lake County Prosecutors Office is scheduling interviews for the position of Deputy Prosecuting Attorney. The position offers a great opportunity to get courtroom experience. Salary is competitive. Excellent health, medical and dental insurance benefits. Interested attorneys may send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 755-3720 and ask for Cara to schedule an interview.
(8) ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY
Small firm looking for associate attorney with 0-3 years of experience. The majority of your workload will consist of family law matters, but you will have freedom to expand into other areas of law as you wish. Attention to detail, sense of humor, a desire to holistically help your clients, and the hu-mility to admit mistakes are attributes critical to your success in this firm. Please send a resume, writing sample, and three professional references to email@example.com.
(9) ATTORNEY MOORE & PORTELLI (Merrillville) is looking to hire an attorney tow ork primarily on insurance defense and litigation files. All levels of experience are welcome to apply. Please send resume to Attorney Adam Moore at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(10) ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY
Todd Uzelac Law, located in Merrillville, IN, is looking to add an Associate Attorney to staff! The ideal candidate will have at least 1-3 years of experience in business law, personal injury, probate, estate planning or civil litigation, is hard working, self-motivated, organized, have a positive attitude, have a genuine desire to help and put clients first. Please submit your resume and salary history to email@example.com.
Personal injury law firm in Northwest Indiana seeks an Attorney with at least 1-5 years of personal injury litigation experience. Indiana law license required (Illinois license a bonus). The ideal candidate should have experience in drafting pleadings, researching, answering discovery, conducting pre-suit investigations, maintain client contact, working with medical providers, negotiating liens, taking depositions, attending court, hearings and trials. Recent law school graduates are encouraged to apply. Candidates must be self-motivated, organized, positive, independent, ethical, and committed to the practice of representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases. Please submit resume, law school transcript, references and salary history to INLawyer@outlook.com.
(12) ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY POSITION
Rhame Elwood & McClure, P.C. is searching for an Associate Attorney with 2 to 5 years of experience. This is a Porter County, Indiana firm with well-established ties to the community. Rhame Elwood & McClure has long represented the City of Portage, Porter County Indiana, Portage Township Schools, and NorthShore Health Centers. The firm practices family law, criminal law, municipal, litigation, collections, personal injury, probate and estate planning, and the primary focus of this associate will be in the areas of family law, litigation, and personal injury.
The associate will work directly with clients and handle litigation in various forms in the areas mentioned above. If interested, please send your resume to Rhame Elwood & McClure, P.C., c/o Kenneth Elwood at 3200 Willowcreek Road, Portage, IN 46368 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(13) PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME ATTORNEY
Merrillville law firm seeking part-time or full-time attorney.
We are open to hiring an attorney: (1.) FT who has a small book of business and would be able to handle 1/2 to 3/4 load of collections work; or (2.) PT between 1/2 to 3/4 load, solely devoted to collections work; or (3.) FT with collections experience and no book of business, who is able to work 1/2 to 3/4 time on collections and also assist with foreclosure and/or transactional work.
IL license is a plus. For the right candidate, future partnership is available. Send inquiries and resume to email@example.com.
(14) LITIGATION ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY
Burke Costanza & Carberry LLP is a full service law firm located in a suburban setting, within 45 minutes of Chicago and the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. We are seeking a litigation associate with 3-7 years of experience in transactional, construction, insurance defense or medical malpractice litigation to join our firm with a goal of becoming our equity partner. Our ideal candidate is an attorney committed to developing clients, providing exceptional client service and producing top quality work in a team oriented environment. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate complex legal matters in a clear and concise manner. Trial experience is a plus, but not required. Applicants must be admitted to practice law in Indiana.
Submit your application at https://www.bcclegal.com/join-bcc/
(15) TRANSACTIONAL ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY
Looking for a place where you can enjoy practicing law and have a platform to grow and thrive for the rest of your career? Join us at BCC! Burke Costanza & Carberry LLP, a leading law firm located in Northwest Indiana, is seeking an associate, with 3-7 years of transactional experience in business, real estate, and/or estate planning, and a desire to eventually become an equity partner in our firm. The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, show enthusiasm for business development efforts, provide exceptional client service, demon-strate an entrepreneurial mindset, and produce high quality work with attention to detail. Admission to practice in Indiana is required. Submit your application at https://www.bcclegal.com/join-bcc/
(16) ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY
HeplerBroom LLC, a large defense firm, is currently seeking a licensed Associate Attorney with 4 or more years of relevant litigation experience for our Hammond, IN office. This is an ideal opportunity for attorneys with defense litigation experience in the field of insurance coverage preferred. The ideal candidate would have experience managing their own caseload, handling all aspects of litigation and has an interest in litigating in other fields of practice. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate who would like to gain experience working in several different practice areas including construction, bodily injury, professional malpractice and mass torts.
Why HeplerBroom? HeplerBroom offers a competitive compensation package, flexible work arrangement opportunities, a development focused cul-ture, which includes, in house CLE programs, legal association membership support, associate mentor program, experience driven de-velopment opportunities. The firm also offers multiple health benefit options and a matching 401K and profit-sharing program. The firm has recruited and trained highly qualified, dedicated, and energetic attorneys and staff. Our clients expect and receive the highest level of individual service, creative problem solving, strategic thinking and sound judgment. Our high expectations of our staff offer them the opportunity to make a difference with our clients and immediately contribute to the team. Duties include: Independently manage a litigation caseload, working cases from beginning to end; Attend court hearings in several different counties and courthouses; Monitor routine case files to ensure deadlines are maintained; investigate facts and legal matters to determine causes of action; Research, analyze, and interpret law sources such as statutes, rules and regulations, ordinances, court decisions, and legal opinions; Assist with document review. This position requires requires good standing with the Indiana bar, and the ideal candidate will also be licensed in Illinois; Strong organization and communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to provide writing samples; Strong research and analytical skills; Deposition experience required and Strong litigation skills. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
(17) ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY – COLLECTIONS AND GENERAL LITIGATION
Rhame Elwood & McClure, P.C. is searching for an Associate Attorney with 2 to 5 years of experience focusing primarily in the areas of collections and general litigation. This is a Porter County, Indiana firm with well-established ties to the community. Rhame Elwood & McClure has long represented the City of Portage, Porter County Indiana, Portage Township Schools, and NorthShore Health Centers. The Associate will work directly with clients and handle litigation. The firm also practices family law, criminal law, municipal, litigation, collections, personal injury, probate and estate planning. If interested, please send your resume to Rhame Elwood & McClure, P.C., c/o Kenneth Elwood at 3200 Willowcreek Road, Portage, IN 46368 or via email email@example.com
(18) ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY
Long established Merrillville general practice law firm seeks associate attorney. Candidates should be a member of the Indiana Bar, possess excellent writing skills, strong work ethic and be self-motivated. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k), and an excellent working environment. Submit cover letter, resume, law school transcript and references to: Hodges and Davis, P.C., Attn: Kathy Lennon, Office Administrator, 8700 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(19) ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY — Langhenry, Gillen, Lundquist & Johnson, LLC has an opening for an associate attorney in our Munster location. This position requires 1-3 years of experience; preferably in civil litigation/insurance defense. Candidates must be licensed in Indiana. Additional licensure in Illinois is a plus. Candidates must reside in either Illinois or Indiana. We are seeking someone with strong organizational, analytical and writing skills, as well as, strong communication and interpersonal skills. Please submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
(20) LITCHFIELD CAVO LLP HIGHLAND OFFICE COVERAGE ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY
Litchfield Cavo LLP is a premier insurance coverage and litigation defense law firm founded in 1998 on one principle—client service comes first. Our attorneys operate out of 23 offices, serving clients in more than 35 states nationwide. Collectively, we are a resource of experienced trial attorneys providing creative and responsive service. Our Highland, IN office is growing and actively seeking an experienced Coverage Associate Attorney interested in growing their career among our team of staff and attorneys, who value and foster open and honest communication, and act with integrity and professionalism. Litchfield Cavo offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package in a dynamic work environment that provides substantial opportunities for professional development. OPPORTUNITY | Coverage Associate Attorney. Litchfield Cavo seeks a well-rounded, highly-motivated, full-time Insurance Coverage Associate with a minimum of one to two years’ litigation experience admitted to practice in Indiana state and federal courts. Prior experience working with insurance coverage is preferred. Illinois state court admission is desirable. This is an exceptional opportunity for a litigation associate to handle insurance coverage issues and coverage litigation, to grow their practice and to service nationwide insurance clients with a forward-thinking firm. SKILLS and ABILITIES: The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily: · assist with and participating in depositions, mediations and court hearings;
· interact directly with clients, claim professionals, opposing counsel, colleagues and staff;
· strong attention to detail with superb organization and prioritization skills; and · excellent written and verbal communication skills. Responsibilities include handling a substantial caseload of class action commercial litigation. The following are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to do this job successfully under the direction of a partner: · analyze and apply insurance policy provisions to claims; · draft, prepare and handle pleadings, motions, orders and legal memoranda; · draft and respond to written discovery and dispositive motions; · conduct legal research competently and with proficiency; · prepare and take depositions of parties and experts; · assist with and participate in mediations and court appearances; and, review client documents, draft case evaluations and status report correspondence. The firm provides an experienced support staff, current technology, ongoing training, and full-time IT and marketing departments. Please email your cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(21) SEEKING ATTORNEY(S) – HILLBRICH LAW FIRM Established 70 year old Law Firm is seeking an attorney or attorneys to handle a wide variety of matters including plaintiff’s personal injury and medical malpractice, elder law, estate planning, probate and general litigation. Other areas of interest are welcome. The goal is to create a long term relationship and put you on a partnership tract. We have two offices – Highland and Crown Point. Flexibility in location and hours are negotiable. Must be licensed in Indiana. An Illinois license is a plus. Please respond via email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All inquires are confidential.
(22) CIVIL LITIGATION ASSOCIATE 0-5 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE (MERRILLVILLE, IN) KIGHTLINGER & GRAY, LLP is seeking motivated and a talented Civil Litigation Associate Attorney with 0-5 years’ experience practicing law (Indiana Bar admittance required) to join its Merrillville office. Candidates with proven experience handling employment law/civil rights related cases preferred. Candidates should possess superior academic credentials, as well as strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Candidates should also be professional, well-organized self-motivated, capable of meeting deadlines, and adept at managing multiple complex projects. Kightlinger & Gray, LLP is a Midwest firm that is well equipped to meet the needs of clients in both the public and private sectors. The firm is best known for its litigation capabilities, as well as, for its ability to provide non-litigation legal services across the Midwest. The firm remains steadfast in its commitment to provide the highest level of professional legal services to its clients with an individualized touch, because we understand every matter, matters. A career with Kightlinger & Gray, LLP provides you with a competitive salary, professional work environment, comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, and the support necessary to advance your career. Please submit resume, cover letter, writing sample(s) and transcript to https://jobs.bernieportal.com/1a9e64f5.
(1) ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER/OFFICE MANAGER NORTHERN DISTRICT OF INDIANA FEDERAL COMMUNITY DEFENDERS, INC.
The Northern District of Indiana Federal Community Defenders, Inc., [hereinafter: “Federal Defender’s Office”] is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Officer in Hammond, Indiana, which is located approximately 45 minutes from downtown Chicago. The Federal Defender’s Office is funded exclusively by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts and operates under the authority of the Criminal Justice Act to provide defense services in criminal cases in federal court.
Who We Are – We represent individuals charged with federal offenses in the Hammond, South Bend, and Fort Wayne Divisions of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana. Our lawyers also appeal cases to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. We have three offices in Hammond, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Our staff consists of seventeen employees that includes lawyers, investigators, paralegals, legal assistants, an administrative officer, and an information technology specialist. The Administrative Officer is stationed in Hammond though occasional travel to the offices in South Bend and Fort Wayne will be required. More information about the Federal Defender’s Office may be found at https://inn.fd.org/.
Who You Are – You are a trusted and reliable manager who values professionalism and who consistently uses sound judgment to carry out responsibilities. You partner with Federal Defender to effectively manage the three offices that comprise the Federal Defender’s Office. You keep confidences and are comfortable acting both independently and as a member of our team so the office can give exceptional legal services to the people we represent. You not only see the problems, but also the solutions. You possess creativity, dedication, and persistence to overcome the challenges.
Position Description – The Administrative Officer is responsible for a variety of administrative and management issues. General areas of direct or supervisory responsibility include management and administrative analysis, financial management, personnel administration, benefits program management, supervision and training, space and facilities management, equipment/telecommunications/office automation management, property and records management, and procurement management.
Experience Required – A minimum of three years of experience in office management and administration. Experience in financial planning and management, including budget compliance and accounts payable. Knowledge using QuickBooks or comparable accounting software. Computer literacy, including fluency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Excel and Adobe Acrobat. Strong planning and organizational skills. The ability to speak and write clearly and effectively.
Experience We Hope For – The ideal candidate will have previously managed the day-to-day operations of a law firm or either a profit or non-for-profit organization. In addition, the following attributes will be helpful: Experience in human resources as it relates to a business or government agency.
An accounting degree or master’s degree in business administration from an accredited college.
A background with managing telecommunications, office automation, and office space management.
Prior experience working in a federal public or community defender office.
The Duties and Responsibilities – General administration, management, and supervision
Acts as the principal advisor to the federal defender on all aspects of office administration and management. Directly assists with key day-to-day planning, process improvement, policy development, short-term and long-term strategic planning. Develops and maintains a system of internal controls to assure proper segregation of duties for financial, procurement and property management, as well as personnel functions. Audits internal financial controls annually and recommends improvements to the federal defender. In conjunction with the federal defender, supervises and directs IT functions.
Budget and Financial Management – Manages the financial operations of the defender office, which include developing the annual budget, ensures expenditures remain within budgetary constraints, justifies itemized budget projections, submits monthly reports, and reviews and analyzes long- range budgetary and staffing needs. Manages and oversees day-to-day accounting functions, including the disbursement of appropriate funds for the Federal Defender’s Office. Ensures that employee pay is executed in a timely manner in conjunction with a payroll company retained by the organization. Analyzes long-range budgetary and organizational emphasis, including staffing needs and resource allocation. Monitors caseload projections in conjunction with budget plans. Ensures adherence to federal and local procurement practices and procedures. Acquires current knowledge of fiscal year spending requirements and restrictions and maintains purchasing records and reports. Operates in compliance with applicable Judiciary Policies and Procedures. Coordinates with a certified public accountant retained by the organization to ensure that tax returns are filed in a timely manner and that the organization is prepared for its annual financial audit performed by an accounting firm retained by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts. Develops and monitors monthly reports, status of funds reports, and monthly reconciliation reports for review and approval by the federal defender. Works with insurance companies to ensure that the organization is sufficiently insulated from monetary damages associated with liability claims and protected in the event of property damage.
Human resources and personnel management – Provides the federal defender with technical and advisory assistance in the areas of recruitment, selection and staffing, classification and compensations, benefits, performance management, grievance and EEO procedures, and employee relations.
Develops and administers procedures for recruitment and selection of applicants. Screens applications and tests and interviews candidates where appropriate to ensure that the most qualified applicant is hired. Recommends personnel policies to the federal defender and other members of management on matters like performance management, standards of conduct, disciplinary proceedings, and employee development and promotion. Acts as employee benefits coordinator. Initiates and maintains a comprehensive orientation program for all new employees. Manages off-boarding process and where appropriate conducts exit interviews of departing employees. Maintains personnel files and records consistent with employment laws and good practices.
Procurement of goods and services – Determines need and ensures procurement of supplies, equipment, furnishings, and professional contract services from government and non-government sources.
Ensures adherence to federal and local procurement practices and procedures. Acquires current knowledge of fiscal year spending requirements and restrictions and maintains purchasing records and reports. Operates in compliance with policies promulgated by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts.
Property management – Organizes and manages storage systems for records and monitors property inventory. Determines need and secures adequate and suitable office space. Monitors monthly rent bills and ensures that the landlord properly assesses CAM charges. Coordinates office repairs or renovations and arranges office space and relocation when needed. Disposes of unused property in a manner consistent with policies promulgated by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts.
Become familiar with the property leases in all three offices and advise the federal defender as needed on compliance issues and the expiration of lease terms.
Salary and Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The starting salary range is: JSP 11/1 ($76,990) to JSP 14/1 ($129,671). The position does include employee benefits including health and life insurance, as well as a retirement plan. Salary is payable only by direct deposit. All positions are at will and are subject to the availability of funds. Employment is subject to a satisfactory background investigation.
How to Apply: Qualified persons may apply by sending a letter of interest, resume and three references in pdf format to: Jerry_Flynn@fd.org
Position Announced: Open until filled. NDIFCD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
(2) PARALEGAL FOR MERRILLVILLE LAW FIRM
Duties: 1-5 years of experience with medical malpractice/personal injury – Preparation of all documents related to intake, demand, settlement, court filing and most important answering discovery and the ability to negotiate lien and balance reductions – Request/follow up on medical records and bills – Detail review/analysis of medical records – Preparation of all materials needed for depositions, mediations and trials – Maintain calendars for cases and attorneys—Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files, e-filing; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; confirming case status with attorney – Keeping clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress. Requirements: Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or (preferred) an associate degree in paralegal studies; Minimum 1 year paralegal experience required; Must be an excellent communicator; Needs to be self-directed and results driven; Team player and able to collaborate with others. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) POSITIONS FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS
Crown Point law firm seeking both part-time and full-time administrative assistants. Legal experience not required; must possess strong communication and organizations skills and be proficient in Word. Salary commensurate with experience, health benefits and 401(k) available.
Please submit resumes and cover letter to email@example.com
(4) PARALEGAL/LEGAL ASSISTANT
Experienced high-energy self-motivated paralegal or legal assistant with a positive attitude for fast-paced Crown Point practice. Dependable, coachable, and team-oriented a must. Estate Planning and/or Collection experience preferred. Assist one or more attorneys in client communication, maintain master calendar, schedule appointments, open and organize client files as well as draft pleadings, discovery and motions. Qualifications include strong team player, positive attitude, maintain attention to detail, stay highly organized, and demonstrate a strong work ethic, willingness to proactively find solutions and the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism. Must be keyboard proficient and able to perform math calculations. Familiar with Indiana legal procedures, protocols and court systems (Illinois a plus). Proficient with dictation software, Microsoft Office and practice management software. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference #071723
(5) LEGAL ASSISTANT/PARALEGAL
Funk & Wendlinger, LLC is a small, but busy, family law/criminal law/general practice firm with 3 attorneys located in Schererville. We are looking to hire a legal assistant/paralegal with experience focusing on Family Law. Duties include phone calls, drafting pleadings and correspondence, working knowledge of e-filing, preparing discovery requests, scheduling court hearings and appointments, and billing. Hours and wages are negotiable. Please submit resume and/or email to David.email@example.com
(6) FULL-TIME LITIGATION PARALEGAL
Prominent Northwest Indiana law firm seeking a full-time Litigation Paralegal to assist in the day-to-day tasks associated with litigation support. The successful individual will be responsible for creating and updating legal documents, conducting legal research, maintaining case files, organization of case files and managing daily paralegal duties. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a talented team of professionals who are dedicated to providing exceptional service. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(7) COLLECTIONS/OFFICE SUPPORT-FULL TIME
Prominent NWI law firm seeks a self-motivated, detail orientated employee to serve in their collection department. A successful applicant must have at least 2 years collections and/or office experience and computer skills including Excel. Experience with Worker’s Compensation claims and working with small claims courts preferred. An understanding of the FDCPA and strong communication skills are a plus. Responsibilities include data entry, processing payments, written and verbal communication, working with the public in person and by telephone. Salary is based on experience. Benefit Package available for full time employees. Email Salary Requirements and Resume to email@example.com
(8) FULL TIME PARALEGAL
The Law Offices of Gary Bonk, located in Schererville, Indiana is seeking a full-time, in-person paralegal. Out practice focuses on legal issues concerning probate, adult guardianships, elder law and estate planning. Candidates should possess excellent writing skills and have the ability to work independently and as a team member. Candidates must be experienced in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Duties include, but are not limited to, drafting and proof-reading legal documents and correspondence, maintaining case files, drafting estate settlement accountings, legal research, and client contact. Retirement benefits and paid vacation time are available. We are investigating on offering ICHRA health benefits, which may be available for this position in the near future. Salary commensurate with experience. Interested applicants can apply by sending their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(9) LEGAL ASSISTANT
We have an opening for a legal assistant in a 4 lawyer, general practice law firm located in Dyer, IN focusing on family law and personal injury matters. Pay commensurate with experience, very good hours and retirement savings plan included. Would prefer experienced candidate but would be willing to train the right candidate. Email resume to email@example.com.
(10) LEGAL ASSISTANT
Legal Assistant needed to assist solo practitioner in real estate, probate, and family law matters. Required skills include, a working knowledge of e-filing and formatting legal pleadings, experience with Quick Books program and attention to detail. Hours and wages are negotiable. Contact Attorney at (219) 688-8004.
(11) PARALEGAL – EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Full-Time opportunity at established Merrillville Personal Injury law firm. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software necessary, Abacus software experience a plus. Please respond by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your resume and salary expectations.
(12) LITIGATION PARALEGAL Busy law firm looking for a high-energy litigation paralegal in our Civil Litigation and Mediation practice. Candidates will assist the attorneys with the coordination of details before, during and after the trial, draft pleadings, motions, appellate documents and file them with the court. Candidates should also be able to summarize medical records, calendar hearings, monitor deadlines and perform other necessary paralegal tasks. Excellent communication skills, grammar and spelling skills are a plus. We are looking for someone who possesses an ability to work individually and as a team member. Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.) is our choice software program along with Practice Management software. Please submit resume and at least there (3) references to email@example.com Ref Job # 62623ST
(13) LEGAL PRACTICE ASSISTANT This position is located in a Chicago satellite office in Valparaiso, IN. This satellite office has an opportunity for an experienced Legal Practice Assistant to join our Labor & Employment practice. On a day-to-day basis, works under the direction of attorneys to whom the Practice Assistant is assigned. Under general supervision, supports the delivery of quality legal services to clients by providing secretarial and administrative assistance to attorneys, performing complex and specialized secretarial and clerical tasks, and working collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a fast paced, team-oriented environment. This position supports multiple attorneys as primary assignments and also provides back-up secretarial assistance to others as assigned. Full details and link to submit application are accessed at https://ogletree.com/careers/job-opportunities/chicago/legal-practice-assistant-6-232944/
(14) FULL-TIME LEGAL SECRETARY A Crown Point based worker’s compensation firm is in need of a full-time assistant to work for one attorney on a 2 attorney office. Hours are generally 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Health and 401K benefits available, plus paid vacations and holidays. An applicant should have some legal experience (typing and phone skills, good spelling and have familiarity with Office 365 platform). Job duties include preparing and answering discovery, client contact, scheduling, typing letters, preparing pleadings, filing pleadings, answering telephone calls, requesting medical records, and charting medical bills. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
(15) LEGAL SECRETARY/ASSISTANT POSITION FULL OR PART TIME Lake County Law Office is Seeking an Experienced Legal Secretary/Assistant. DUTIES INCLUDE: Preparing legal documents, correspondence, memos, etc., transcribing dictation, maintaining files (both electronic and physical formats), answering the phone, taking messages, maintaining attorney’s calendar, scheduling appointments and keeping client and case information updated.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion is required. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Word Perfect and possess good typing skills and have knowledge of and experience with Court procedures including e-filing. PREFER A MINIMUM OF 2 YEARS OF RECENT LEGAL SECRETARY EXPERIENCE.
Wage/Salary based upon experience as a Legal Secretary/Assistant. Please forward resumes to email@example.com
(1) MERRILLVILLE OFFICE SPACES – Office spaces available in prime location in Merrillville, one block north of Route 30/Lincoln Highway. Features: Close to everything. Across the street from the U.S. Post Office, plenty of parking space in a professional office building suitable for small, solo practice. Unit One, 640 Sq/ft (+/-) office space composed of two offices and a reception area. Unit Two 600 Sq/ft (+/-) open concept office that can be partitioned. Unit Three 480 Sq/ft (+/-) open concept that can be partitioned. For enquiries, please call Cesilia at (219) 677-2755.
(2) MERRILLVILLE – OFFICE-SHARING – SPACE AVAILABLE FOR UP TO THREE ATTORNEYS. Convenient location across from the Lake County Government Center. Office address: 2252-2256 W 93rd Ave., Merrillville, IN 46410. Three office spaces are available. Monthly rent is $850.00/mo. for the smaller office, or $1,000.00/mo. for the larger offices; plus approximately $250.00/ea. per month for utilities, copy machine, office cleaning service, alarm, cable TV, water/sewage and misc. office supplies. No CAMS. Secretarial space available, two (2) shared conference rooms, a shared lobby/reception area, a shared kitchen area, and a shared copy machine. Contact: George Brasovan at 219-798-1978; or Sam Berkman at 219-613-6311.
(2) OFFICE SHARING ARRANGEMENT WITH FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY
Rhame Elwood & McClure, P.C. located at 3200 Willowcreek Road, Suite A, Portage, Indiana 46368, is looking for an office sharing arrangement with an experienced family law attorney.
A long-time partner at Rhame Elwood & McClure, who has a thriving family law practice, plans to retire over the next year to year and a half. We would like to develop a relationship with an experienced family law attorney who would take over the family law area of the firm.
If interested, please send your resume to Rhame Elwood & McClure, P.C., c/o Kenneth Elwood at 3200 Willowcreek Road, Portage, IN 46368 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) LAW OFFICES FOR RENT
2714 DeKalb Street, Lake Station 800 Sf. Heat, air, electric, and water included. Partially furnished suite, $700.00 per mo., Sec. Dep. Suite #2, $675.00 per mo., Sec. Dep. Call Bob, 219-736-9782
(4) HIGHLAND OFFICE FOR RENT Large furnished office for rent in Highland, Indiana. Office includes desk, credenza and built-in shelving. Shared large conference room and kitchen are also available. Secretarial space is also available if needed. Great centralized location for satellite office. Base rent, shared expenses, including utilities, less than $1,000.00 per month. Potential for referrals. Call Joe Banasiak at 219-924-3020.
(5) GREAT FOR SOLO PRACTITONER Reception Area, Assistant Work Area, Private Office & Conference Room at 9211 Broadway, Merrillville, Indiana. $1,000.00 Gross/Month. Contact Barrister Properties, LLC at (219) 769-1892.
(6) OFFICE SHARING Merrillville, Indiana – Craig & Craig, LLC has space available for office sharing at their Merrillville office, within minutes of I-65. Attorney would have a 11×13 private office in a shared office with outside window views of the surrounding area. A separate paralegal/assistant cubicle space may also be available as needed. Craig & Craig also has staff available on a case-by-case basis assistance, if a solo practitioner does not have current assistance for additional charge as schedule allows. Reception area, lunch room, three spacious conference rooms, with digital media center in largest room. File storage on-site immediately adjacent to office. Two xerox color copiers available, if needed, for an additional charge. $1,000.00 per month gross rent. If interested, please contact John Craig or Megan Craig at 219-661-9100. Location: 400 E. 86th Avenue, Merrillville, IN 46410.
(7) SHARED OFFICE SPACE FOR RENT Dyer – Private office with shared waiting room and conference room available. Additional workspace for an assistant may be available. Call 219-232-4888.
(8) OFFICE SPACE – MERRILLVILLE Shared office space with amenities. Multiple options available. Route 30 frontage with building ownership possible. Contact Gerry Bishop at 219-738-2400.