LCBA Sponsored CLE Opportunities & Events
June 24, 2021: LCBA Bankruptcy Section Meeting and 1.0 CLE at 8:00 am via ZOOM Online Only — Attorney Andrew Kraemer & Bankruptcy Section Chair Christopher Schmidgall will lead a discussion regarding current trends in mortgage foreclosures and collection cases and possible bankruptcy implications. Cost: FREE for LCBA Bankruptcy Section members, $35 for LCBA Members, $50 for non LCBA Members. To attend this virtual presentation, register in advance at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZctcu6hqT4iHtXKtVVhjlaL0oS_35taHn0b
June 24, 2021: LCBA Young Lawyer Section Meeting and Social Hour Sponsored by Stewart Richardson at 5:30 pm IN PERSON at Byway Brewing, 2825 Carlson Drive, Hammond. RSVP to email@example.com
June 25, 2021: LCBA Presents “Abraham Lincoln” 3.5 hr. CLE (1.0 ETHICS) from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm via ZOOM and IN PERSON at LCBA Office (Hybrid). Please join the Lake County Bar Association in a one-of-a-kind presentation by an All Star Lincoln Lineup! Guy C. Fraker, Lawyer and Lincoln Author will present “Lincoln in the Circuit” (1.0 hr.); Hon. Kenneth L. Anderson, will present Gettysburg Address Day of – What Happened? (1.0 hr.); Professor Emeritus Roger Billings will present “Lincoln Fees & Legal Ethics” (1.0 hr.); and Hon. Richard W. Maroc will serve as Moderator and Q&A (.5 hr.) All in attendance will receive 3.5 hours CLE/1.0 hr. Ethics. Cost: $100 for LCBA Members; $150 for Non LCBA Members. To attend IN PERSON, please RSVP in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. To attend via ZOOM, register in advance for this webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QNozVJusQ86RCe-lDrmY8w
July 22, 2021: Robing Ceremony for Judge Natalie Bokota at 5:30 pm IN PERSON at Gamba Ristorante, Merrillville. Sponsorship opportunities available — GOLD LEVEL $750 includes 6 seats; SILVER LEVEL $500 includes 4 seats; BRONZE LEVEL $250 includes 2 seats. Individual cost to attend: $40 LCBA Members; $60 Non LCBA Members. Payments can be made ONLINE at https://secure.affinipay.com/pages/lakecountybarin/payments include date of event and all Guest Names in the REFERENCE box
August 20, 2021: Breakfast and 1.0 hr CLE/ETHICS with Justice Steven David at 8:30 am IN PERSON at Innsbrook Country Club, Merrillville. Details to come…
August 20, 2021: LCBA Annual Golf Outing at 10:00 am at Innsbrook Country Club, Merrillville. Details to come…
October 14, 2021: Judicial Reception & Casino Night at 5:30 pm at Halls of St. George, Schererville. Details to come…
MESA CLE Live Webinars
June 9, 2021: Show Me the Ethics! The Ethical Way to Bill for Legal Services 1.0 Ethics at 12:00 Noon ONLINE ONLY. Details and register in advance at https://www.mesacle.com/regs/webreg.php?BarID=11403&CustomerID=0&CartID=0&Status=-1&EventID=0609211
June 17, 2021: Hes, Shes & Theys: Legal Issues Affecting Transgender and Non-Binary People 1.0 hr CLE at 12:00 Noon ONLINE ONLY. Details and Register in advance at https://www.mesacle.com/regs/webreg.php?BarID=11403&CustomerID=0&CartID=0&Status=-1&EventID=0617211
How do I register for LCBA On-Demand CLE programs?
- Find the On-Demand CLE program that you wish to purchase and click Add To Cart
- If you have not previously registered for an On-Demand CLE program, select Register and complete your registration with the correct information.*
- If you have previously registered to an On-Demand CLE program, select Login and enter your email and password.
- After registering or logging in, add to cart the course(s) that you wish to purchase and then select View Cart.
- In the View Cart page, review your pending purchases and if accurate select Proceed to Checkout.
- If you are an LCBA Member and wish to receive your LCBA discount, select Click here to enter you code. This button should be at the top of the Checkout page, next to “Have a coupon?” LCBA MEMBERS can email email@example.com to receive your LCBA Member-only Discount Code.
- Complete your purchase with the correct billing information.
- An email confirming your registration will be sent to you once the payment process is complete.
- Go to My Courses or follow the link within the confirmation email to access your On-Demand CLE course purchases.
- You must open and view the Resources first, then click Next Session to view the online video.
How long do I have access to the purchased Online CLE program?
Your purchase provides up to six-months access from the time of purchase to view and complete the educational requirements of the Indiana CLE Commission. Failure to complete the online course within six-months will require you to re-enroll and purchase again in order to view and complete the education program.
How do I report my Online CLE credit?
Once you view the program in its entirety, LCBA will report all credits earned within 10 days of completion directly to the Indiana Commission for Continuing Legal Education. NOTE: Posting by the Indiana CLE Commission of the credit to your CLE transcript may take up to 30 days.
What are the computer requirements to view LCBA’s Online CLE programs?
LCBA uses Vocalmeet to provide its On-Demand CLE. Vocalmeet supports most standard operating systems and works with most standard browsers.
*If you attended the live online webinar version of the program, you will not receive credit for viewing the program again on-demand.